So yesterday we took advantage (or tried to, I will explain) of the warm +10 weather. However it did not go so well. First off the kids do not yet have rubber boots so by the time we walked out of the yard they were soaked. Then we got half a block away and Dayna falls face first into a puddle resulting in a bleeding lip, bleeding nose, scraped knuckles not to mention being soaked from head to toe. But she recovered quickly so I thought we will keep going. However her nose would not stop bleeding then Dietrich got scared by a rather large dog that got just a little too excited and jumped at him. The dog did not even get close to him as the owner was very good at controlling her dog. But it still scared Dietrich none the less. Sigh, time to head home. Needless to say, we went and purchased some rain gear last night and of course, go figure,the weather is not even close to as nice as yesterday. Sigh, we will maybe scratch our first official spring walk off the list and try again another day. The days of toddlers.
Dietrich has also been quite adamant of NOT turning 4 this year. He wants to stay 3 for always! He has been waking up at night scared saying there is a scary man under his dresser and the other night he said the scary man was "choking on my arm". Poor bud. But Dietrich is becoming a wonderful big brother, taking Dayna for a ride on the tricycle, hugging her, claiming proudly "this is my broth-sister I mean" So cute to see him actually showing he cares!
Dayna has only 1 tooth left before the big 2 year molars hit. Teething has not been easy for her so the nights are long and the days sometimes longer. I sometimes give her medicine but it seems to upset her tummy if I give it too often. She is talking like crazy learning new words everyday! I love hearing her talk. She knows the sounds of all the letters of the alphabet (crazy I know)
Kelly is busy at work as usual. He is in a bit of a lull right now before things start to pick up again in a couple weeks. But he keeps busy with the renos around the house and helping me with the kids and such.
Me, I am enjoying being at home, knowing this is where I need to be. I have been working out 5 times a week in the mornings before Kelly goes to work. I am super excited to say I am down 2 sizes and 10lbs!! Mary Kay is going well, taking things slow still but looking to expand my customer base this year. So far so good.
So that is our family update for now. Hope y'all are doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment