Saturday, November 12, 2011

Santa Shuffle


Hello Everyone,
I wanted to let you in on some crazy things we do, or more specifically one particular crazy thing I am doing.
I will be taking part in the Santa Shuffle on December 3rd. It is a 1 KM Walk or 5 KM Run/Walk in support of the Salvation Army. I know you are all being bombarded with donation requests all year long and Christmas tends to be a high pressure time financially. I just wanted to let you know what I am doing and if you are interested in donating under my name for the Salvation Army please feel free and I would be very grateful for your generousity as I am sure the Salvation Army will be also. The link to donate is at the bottom of this email.
Over the past year I have begun leisurely walking/running outside and on the treadmills to get in shape and have discovered I actually enjoy it! I thought about doing one of the numerous runs throughout the summer and fall but the timing was never right until I came across this one. So I decided to do something crazy and challenge myself to take on the 5KM Run/Walk. I will do my best to finish to the best of my limited out of shape capabilities (LOL) and just have some fun at it!
I hope you are all having a great winter so far. I am sure hoping come Race Day the weather might be a nice chinook!
Thanks for your support in any way. Come and cheer me on if nothing else and see me pass out across the finish line!
Cassandra Krause

No comments:

Post a Comment