Hello again to my ramblings, a few thoughts I have been having.
First question for you, as a parent, how do you teach your kids fashion ( I know I am no fashionista, I am a plain jeans and t-shirt kinda girl) but when your daughter picks out pink pants that are too short and a green Larry the Cucumber shirt to wear, or your son wants to wear all green but also picks sweat pants that are too short and a green golf shirt of a completely different shade of green. My question, how do you teach fashion that matches, all the while encouraging them to be themselves and trying not to squash their self confidence? Just a thought I have had.
Now comes a toughy, there is so much heartache in this world and I have been thinking lately, what is God's plan with all those really hard situations? Specifically as many of you know, people losing their new born babies, or their kids in general at any age! Why does that happen and what is God's plan through that? In these times when I hear of these losses and hear of their faith in God and how He has provided strength, peace and even, unimaginable to me, JOY through those times? I realize what a whiner and big baby I am and it's kinda like a slap or pinch that says to me "Hello!! Stop being a baby and start being grateful and not so self centered" Or people that are abused by the one person they should be able to trust and feel safe with, their spouse, or people forced into slavery of various kinds, or other people being so selfish they can't take of the little person or people they have brought into this world and they just let them die or neglect them like mouldy food in the back of the fridge? I think God is really breaking my heart for these things and so many more and I am realizing my little world is so small compared to God's big picture I want to see that big picture like He sees it. With love and tears and smiles and hugs and who knows what other ways.
My rambling thoughts for today, maybe they make sense, maybe not here they are none the less.
Have a wonderful day everyone!
As for the clothing, we do the hand-me-down thing - both receiving and giving. The kids get excited to pass on the too small stuff. As for the matching, we talk about colours and how (and why) they match. We applaud creativity, but also let the littles know that not everyone will think their choices are cool.
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to the tougher question, I have no real answers. We lost 4 babies: 2 miscarriages (one early, one late), 1 daughter lived for 4 hours, and another was still born due to delivery complications. One truth that I learned: Life is not fair, but God is good (all the time). As I look back, I see what blessings God has given us - things and little people that we may not have chosen or would not have it not for Him. The suffering and the pain still sucks and there is no way that I would wish that on anyone. But God is bigger than all of that. And I guess, that if those little lives - as short as they were - and our lives as a result, bring someone else to faith in Christ, then the eternal ramifications far outweigh my temporary pain.